(March 2017) Washington, DC – MOSIMTEC is seeking a Computational Modeling and Simulation Graduate Level Intern to join our highly skilled multi-disciplinary team of consultants. This position will be located at Herndon, VA.
MOSIMTEC LLC is seeking a Computational Modeling and Simulation Graduate Level Intern to join our highly skilled multi-disciplinary team of consultants. This position will be located at Herndon, VA. The applicant will support the project manager on various consulting endeavors involving modeling and simulation. The scope of projects covers a wide rage of possible domains including material handling, mining, pharmaceutical supply chains, maritime and port operations, fast food restaurants, and healthcare.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Construct conceptual models of processes in Visio and provide recommendations for designing the formal model.
- Develop formal computer models and run simulations through commercial off the shelf (COTS) discrete event simulation software.
- Apply and develop statistical analysis tools to assist in the evaluation of input data for use in the model and output data generated by simulation runs.
- Experience in constructing DES models for the purpose of analyzing processes.
- Solid understanding of the science of Modeling and Simulation.
- Strong comprehension of statistics, data analytics, and design of experiments.
- Genuine interest and experience in solving industry problems through the use of scientific software with emphasis on data analytics.
- Management, business, or engineering consulting experience
- Modeling and simulation development in Simio, AnyLogic, Arena, Simul8, FlexSim.
- Programing experience in Java, C/C++, .NET and VBA.
- Intermediate/Expert level in Excel.
- Bachelors of Science in Physics, Engineering, Math, Biology, Chemistry, or Computer Science.
- Enrollment as a graduate student in Engineering, Applied Math, Modeling and Simulation Science, or Computer Science.
- US Citizen, Green-card, F1 visa (with OPT/CPT).
Job Location: Herndon, VA, United States.
There may be an option of working remotely for a few days in a week depending on current task, level of independence required and work ethics.
Duration: June – August 2017
Position Type: Summer Intern
How to apply: Email a copy of your resume with a cover letter to [email protected].
About MOSIMTEC (http://mosimtec.com)
MOSIMTEC is a Washington, DC based professional services firm, assisting clients in making better decisions through the application of advanced decision support tools. MOSIMTEC leverages modern advancements in modeling and simulation science and technology to solve complex issues for clients across various industries. We provide consulting, training and software support in model development, computer simulation, validation, verification, and output analysis. The MOSIMTEC team has extensive experience working with leading computer simulation software. MOSIMTEC helps predict outcomes, prescribe actions and improve operations for clients across various industries.