Oil and Gas Transload Facility
Customer is designing and developing improvements at an existing facility to increase their terminal and trans-loading business. Use modeling and simulation technology to represent the system in a dynamic environment, therein incorporating inherent variability, to validate the design and make informed decisions.
Overall project benefits include:
- Provide throughput related design input for engineering with regards to the infrastructure being designed and installed.
- Provide experimental feedback for developing the operational logic for efficient business operations.
- Serve as basis for optimization studies for increasing the profitability and quality of services provided to customers.
Early quantifiable benefits realized through model based input*:
- Minimum $70K saving in Phase 1 by optimal resource scheduling
- $350K / year saving by avoiding three 2-hour delays per month.
- Additional 2 trains per week site capacity.
* Actual project result modified to protect client confidential information